Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Annual Caravan from Dayton OH....

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mike

Annual Caravan from Dayton OH.... Empty
PostSubject: Annual Caravan from Dayton OH....   Annual Caravan from Dayton OH.... EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 8:59 am

Once again we have a caravan to V@V departing Dayton on Friday morning 28 May, bound for Mt Airy and Dobson.

Starting Point: Bob Evans Restaurant, 3409 Seajay Drive, Beavercreek OH. Meet at 7:30am. The restaurant is about 300 yards from the US 35-Fairfield Rd interchange. Same time and place as last year.

Route: East on US 35 through SE OH into West Virginia to its intersection with I-64 near Winfield. Then east on I-64 to its intersection with I-77 in Charleston WV. Continuing south on I-77 through WV into Virginia all the way to NC, then onto I-74 if you're going directly to Mt Airy, or remain on I-77 to the Hampton Inn at the Dobson exit. Barring "incidents" we should arrive at our destination by 3:30 or 4pm, in plenty of time for the evening's festivities.

Suggested equipment: FRS radio to communicate during the drive and a cell phone, especially if you're joining up en route.

Join up in Dayton or intermediate locations--easy to coordinate as I know approximate times where we will be en route. If you're coming from points west and plan to overnight in Dayton, I can provide a list of motels near the departure point. If you have the time and enjoy military aircraft, arrive early enough to spend a couple of hours at the Air Force Museum, only a few miles away and home of the world's largest military aircraft collection. I also plan a dinner getogether for Thursday night at a nearby restaurant.

I have an e-mail list for those interested in participating; drop me an e-mail at mike7353 at aol dot com if you haven't already.

Looking forward to seeing some of our long-time pariticpants and welcoming new ones. "Getting there is half the fun!"

Cheers
Mike Self
Back to top Go down
vince

PostSubject: Dayton Caravan   Annual Caravan from Dayton OH.... EmptySat May 01, 2010 7:25 pm

I am planning to leave the Chicago area late Thursday morning and make it to Dayton in time for dinner with Mike and his group. Friday I'll head down with them.

vince
Back to top Go down
Harv

PostSubject: Re: Annual Caravan from Dayton OH....   Annual Caravan from Dayton OH.... EmptyTue May 18, 2010 6:52 pm

We hope to meet up with everyone in Charlston WV around 11:30. We hope to leave NE Ohio by 8.

White e30 318is

John
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Annual Caravan from Dayton OH....   Annual Caravan from Dayton OH.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Annual Caravan from Dayton OH....
Page 1 of 1